HUGO African Prize
Criteria for the Award:
* who has performed extraordinary work in biomedical sciences which has changed the thinking in the field where important technology was developed; and/or
* who has uncovered new insights which brought forth new therapies; and/or
* whose lifetime contribution has significantly impact the African region and who has primary affiliation in Africa
The award recipient will receive a sponsorship of up to USD 5,000 to our annual Human Genome Organisation (HUGO) – Human Genome Meeting with an economic flight, accommodation, registration fee and VISA application paid for. The award recipient will also be presented with a plaque or medal and any remaining of the USD 5,000 award will be in the form of a standing order for products and services from Inqaba Biotechnical Industries. He/She will be invited to attend the award presentation ceremony and present a plenary lecture in conjunction with the Human Genome Meeting.
The first award was given out in 2015.
HUGO-African Prize Presentation Ceremony
The HUGO-African Prize Presentation Ceremony will be held in conjunction with the annual Human Genome Organisation (HUGO) – Human Genome Meeting.
HUGO African Prize Review Committee
The review committee is made up of top scientists, thought-leaders and/or government officials from around the world.
Karen B. Avraham
|January 2020||Review by HUGO African Prize Review Committee|
|February 2020||Public Announcement of Recipients|
|8 April 2020||Prize Presentation Ceremony in conjunction with the Annual Human Genome Meeting|
Nomination Form & Guidelines
Click to download the Nomination Form.
HUGO African Prize
Applicants for this award should be actively engaged in human genetic and genomic research. Applications must reach the HUGO office by the published deadline. The award will be given out at the HUGO Human Genome Meeting (held annually).
- There is no age limit for the candidates reviewed in this category;
- Nominations must be submitted with a completed nomination form, as well as the candidate’s curriculum vitae of no more than two A4 pages including a list of recent publications